Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Character Animation

Here's a little story of a man on the edge.


I created this short piece using simple figurines that I purchased from Target. The camera is a point and shoot digital camera. So I posed the characters (holding them in place with tape and a Lego ground piece) and set up the camera in various angles, using a tripod when necessary. I'd move the characters and just press the shutter button on the camera, being extra careful not to accidentally change the position or bump the tripod too much. Once I took all my stills, I doubled them (to mimic shooting on 2's) and opened and compiled the sequences using Quicktime pro. I'm not sure how to add sound so I used title cards for the scripted lines. It's a random animation but fun to create none the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment